I guarantee guests will love the taste of this unique salad. The pleasant orange flavor pairs well with tender pieces of fennel. —Marion Karlin, Waterloo, Iowa
- 2 large fennel bulbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 large navel oranges, peeled and cut into segments
- Leaf lettuce
- Remove fronds from fennel bulbs; set aside for garnish. Cut bulbs into thin slices. In a large skillet, saute fennel slices in oil and butter until crisp-tender.
- Stir in the juices, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium. Cook and stir for 5-6 minutes or until fennel is tender.
- Remove from the heat; stir in orange segments. Serve over lettuce leaves; garnish with reserved fennel fronds. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Citrus Fennel Salad in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2009, p47
Reviews for Citrus Fennel Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 2, 2015
"This was ok, however given the time to prep, I think I'd rather have the fennel in an uncooked (raw) salad."