I guarantee guests will love the taste of this unique salad. The pleasant orange flavor pairs well with tender pieces of fennel. —Marion Karlin, Waterloo, Iowa
- 2 large fennel bulbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 large navel oranges, peeled and cut into segments
- Leaf lettuce
- Remove fronds from fennel bulbs; set aside for garnish. Cut bulbs into thin slices. In a large skillet, saute fennel slices in oil and butter until crisp-tender.
- Stir in the juices, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium. Cook and stir for 5-6 minutes or until fennel is tender.
- Remove from the heat; stir in orange segments. Serve over lettuce leaves; garnish with reserved fennel fronds. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Citrus Fennel Salad in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2009, p47
Reviews for Citrus Fennel Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 2, 2015
"This was ok, however given the time to prep, I think I'd rather have the fennel in an uncooked (raw) salad."