This rich and creamy dessert is especially nice for company. It's attractive and easy to serve, and much of it can be made ahead of time. The citrus flavor is refreshing after a full-course meal.
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts, toasted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons each orange, lemon and lime juice
- 1 teaspoon each grated orange, lemon and lime peel
- In a food processor, combine the nuts, sugar and flour; cover and process until blended. Add butter; blend until mixture forms coarse crumbs.
- Press onto the bottom and up the sides of two greased 4-in. tartlet pans with removable bottoms. Bake at 350° for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add the confectioners' sugar, citrus juices and peels; beat until blended.
- Spoon into crusts. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Citrus Cream Tartlets in Reminisce Extra April 2004, p53
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Citrus Cream Tartlets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review