Citrus Cranberry Relish Recipe
This special relish is a wonderful side dish for turkey or ham. I especially appreciate it during the hectic holiday season because it can be made ahead of time and refrigerated until serving. —Julie Wesson of Hainesville, Illinois
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled, chopped and seeded
- 1 medium tangerine, peeled, chopped and seeded
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup reduced-calorie pancake syrup
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1. In a saucepan, combine all of the ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 3 cups.
One serving (1/4 cup) equals 96 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 35 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1-1/2 fruit.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC