Citrus Cranberry Relish
This special relish is a wonderful side dish for turkey or ham. I especially appreciate it during the hectic holiday season because it can be made ahead of time and refrigerated until serving. Julie Wesson of Hainesville, Illinois
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled, chopped and seeded
- 1 medium tangerine, peeled, chopped and seeded
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup reduced-calorie pancake syrup
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- In a saucepan, combine all of the ingredients. Bring to a boil over
- medium heat. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring
- occasionally. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Store
- in the refrigerator. Yield: 3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1/4 cup) equals 96 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 35 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1-1/2 fruit.