Citrus Cranberry Pie Recipe
- 3-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 small navel orange, peeled, sectioned and chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Additional sugar
- ORANGE CREAM:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°. Toss together first eight ingredients.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll one half of pastry dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry even with rim. Add filling.
- 3. Roll remaining dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; cut into strips. Arrange over filling in a lattice pattern. Trim and seal strips to edge of bottom pastry; flute edge. Brush lattice with egg; sprinkle with additional sugar. Cover edges loosely with foil.
- 4. Bake 10 minutes. Reduce oven setting to 350°. Remove foil; bake until golden brown, 40-45 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- 5. Meanwhile, beat whipping cream until it begins to thicken. Add remaining ingredients; beat until soft peaks form. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with pie. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 515 calories, 29g fat (15g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 323mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Citrus Cranberry Pie
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.