Citrus Cranberry Cheesecake Recipe
Refreshing cranberries, lemon juice and orange peel complement the cheesecake's sweet filling. This is my favorite Christmas dessert to make as gifts. It really appeals to people don't care for chocolate. —Joy Monn, Stockbridge, Georgia
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + chilling YIELD:12 servings
- 1-1/2 cups cinnamon graham cracker crumbs (about 8 whole crackers)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Sugared cranberries and orange peel strips, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until fluffy. Beat in lemon juice until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Fold in cranberries and orange peel. Pour filling over crust. Place on pan on a baking sheet.
- 3. Bake at 325° for 60-70 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- 4. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight. Garnish with sugared cranberries and orange peel if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC