Citrus Cornmeal Cake Recipe
- 1/2 cup lemon yogurt
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1. Coat a 9-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom with cooking spray. In a large bowl, beat the yogurt, honey, oil, egg, egg whites and extract until well blended. Combine the flour, cornmeal and baking powder; gradually beat into yogurt mixture until blended. Stir in orange peel.
- 2. Pour into prepared pan. Arrange oranges over batter; sprinkle with almonds. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before cutting. Serve warm or at room temperature. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice equals 240 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 85 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Citrus Cornmeal Cake
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.