Citrus Cookies Recipe
- 1 tube (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons orange extract
- Orange and yellow paste food coloring
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1/2 cup vanilla frosting
- Orange and yellow colored sugar
- 1. Divide cookie dough in half. Place one half in a small bowl. Add the orange peel, orange extract and orange food coloring and mix well. Stir in the lemon peel, lemon extract and yellow food coloring to the remaining dough and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- 2. Roll dough into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Coat the bottom of a glass with cooking spray, then dip in granulated sugar.
- 3. Flatten dough balls, redipping glass in sugar as needed. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 4. Cut a small hole in the corner of a small plastic bag; add frosting. Pipe circle of frosting on cookie tops; dip in colored sugar. Pipe lines of frosting for citrus sections. Yield: about 2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 243 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 203 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.