Dress up convenient refrigerated cookie dough to create these sweet summery treats. The orange and lemon cookies taste like the sunny citrus slices they resemble. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Featured In: 12 Ways to Say "Happy Valentine's Day" with Food
- 1 tube (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons orange extract
- Orange and yellow paste food coloring
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1/2 cup vanilla frosting
- Orange and yellow colored sugar
- Divide cookie dough in half. Place one half in a small bowl. Add the orange peel, orange extract and orange food coloring and mix well. Stir in the lemon peel, lemon extract and yellow food coloring to the remaining dough and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Roll dough into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Coat the bottom of a glass with cooking spray, then dip in granulated sugar.
- Flatten dough balls, redipping glass in sugar as needed. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Cut a small hole in the corner of a small plastic bag; add frosting. Pipe circle of frosting on cookie tops; dip in colored sugar. Pipe lines of frosting for citrus sections. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Originally published as Citrus Cookies in Quick Cooking July/August 2002, p53
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Citrus Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review