Citrus Compote with Grapefruit Granita Recipe
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups ruby red grapefruit juice
- 2 small navel oranges
- 2 small grapefruit
- 2 clementines
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Stir in grapefruit juice. Transfer to an 8-in.-square dish. Freeze 1 hour. Stir with a fork. Freeze 2-3 hours longer or until completely frozen, stirring every 30 minutes.
- Cut a thin slice from the top and bottom of each orange. Stand oranges upright on a cutting board. With a knife, cut off peel and outer membrane from oranges. Working over a bowl to catch juices, cut along the membrane of each segment to remove fruit. Place fruit in bowl. Repeat with grapefruit, removing any seeds.
- Peel and separate clementines into segments; add to oranges and grapefruit. Gently stir in pomegranate seeds.
- To serve, stir granita with a fork. Alternately layer granita and fruit mixture into six dessert dishes. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Citrus Compote with Grapefruit Granita in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Citrus Compote with Grapefruit Granita
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review