Citrus Cod Recipe
- 1 pound cod, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1. Place fish in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with parsley and pepper.
- 2. In a small skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender; spoon over fish. Combine juices and orange peel; drizzle over fish.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals 153 calories, 139 mg sodium, 37 mg cholesterol, 5 gm carbohydrate, 19 gm protein, 6 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Citrus Cod
"So easy and so delicious. My fiance absolutely loves it."
"Excellent easy to make. The flavors were light and tastey This is a recipe has made my short list. I will definitely make it again."
"I made this for my husband last night. He ate it and was okay with taking the leftovers for lunch today, but he proclaimed it "nothing special". (Which means: "Please don't make this again.")"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.