"We enjoy fish frequently, and this baked version has a tempting mild orange flavor," relates Jacquelyn Dixon of LaPorte, Iowa. "It comes out of the oven flaky and moist."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound cod, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Place fish in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking
- spray. Sprinkle with parsley and pepper.
- In a small skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender;
- spoon over fish. Combine juices and orange peel; drizzle over fish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes
- easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts:Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals 153 calories, 139 mg sodium, 37 mg cholesterol, 5 gm carbohydrate, 19 gm protein, 6 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.