Citrus Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the orange juice, water, oil, vinegar and vanilla. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into orange juice mixture until blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
- 2. Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill half full with batter. Bake at 375° for 13-16 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Just before serving, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 1 dozen.
One cupcake equals 155 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 204 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.