Citrus Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the orange juice, water, oil, vinegar and vanilla. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into orange juice mixture until blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
- 2. Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill half full with batter. Bake at 375° for 13-16 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Just before serving, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 155 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 204mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1-1/2 starch, 1 fat
Reviews for Citrus Chocolate Cupcakes
"Seriously these are great!! They even freeze well in the door section to grab and pack into a lunch box! Perfect blend of flavors!"
"Yes, it's true...no eggs! But, my family felt they were a little dry. Definitely needs a glass of milk to wash them down."
"These cupcakes were great with the touch of orange. Easy to make too, especially when you're out of eggs!"
"These turned out great and did not last long at our house. They were moist and very tasty. The hint of orange flavoring was just right. I will be making them again soon."
"These cupcakes are delicious and so easy to make, they're a keeper for sure. My family loves them and will be making this recipe many more times."
"I'm anxious to try these..but is the recipe correct ? no eggs ??"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.