"My mom and I first tried these moist chocolaty cupcakes at her health club's annual taste test," notes Sara Zignego of Hartford, Wisconsin. "Not only are these treats light and delicious, they're easy to make!
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, beat the orange juice, water, oil, vinegar and vanilla. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into orange juice mixture until blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill half full with batter. Bake at 375° for 13-16 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Just before serving, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Citrus Chocolate Cupcakes in Quick Cooking January/February 2004, p37
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Citrus Chocolate Cupcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review