Citrus Chiffon Salad Recipe
Crushed pineapple and orange juice, with a hint of lemon, give this creamy gelatin salad a pleasant tang. The cool fluffy side dish, shared by Kathy Newman of Cedarburg, Wisconsin, is sure to win raves at your next church luncheon.
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free lemon or orange gelatin
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring orange and lemon juices to a boil; stir in gelatin until dissolved. In a blender, process the cream cheese, whipped topping, pineapple and mayonnaise until smooth. Add gelatin mixture; cover and process until blended.
- 2. Pour into a 4-cup mold coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight until firm. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving equals 153 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 193 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 fruit.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC