Crushed pineapple and orange juice, with a hint of lemon, give this creamy gelatin salad a pleasant tang. The cool fluffy side dish, shared by Kathy Newman of Cedarburg, Wisconsin, is sure to win raves at your next church luncheon.
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free lemon or orange gelatin
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- In a small saucepan, bring orange and lemon juices to a boil; stir in gelatin until dissolved. In a blender, process the cream cheese, whipped topping, pineapple and mayonnaise until smooth. Add gelatin mixture; cover and process until blended.
- Pour into a 4-cup mold coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight until firm. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Citrus Chiffon Salad in Taste of Home June/July 2002, p45
Reviews for Citrus Chiffon Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 23, 2011
"I have made this recipe for several years now and there are never any leftovers. It is delicious."