Citrus Chicken Recipe
"I adapted this recipe from a cookbook, and it's one of my husband's favorites," says Wendy Anderson of Santa Rosa, California. "It's proof that a light recipe can still be big on flavor."
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Hot cooked pasta, optional
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, ginger and cayenne. Stir in the orange juice, soy sauce, water, lemon juice, honey, garlic, orange and lemon peel until smooth; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute chicken in oil until no longer pink. Stir cornstarch mixture; gradually add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pasta if desired. Sprinkle with onions. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 305 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 979mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein.
Reviews for Citrus Chicken
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC