Citrus Chicken Recipe
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Hot cooked pasta, optional
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, ginger and cayenne. Stir in the orange juice, soy sauce, water, lemon juice, honey, garlic, orange and lemon peel until smooth; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute chicken in oil until no longer pink. Stir cornstarch mixture; gradually add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pasta if desired. Sprinkle with onions. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup chicken mixture equals 305 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 979 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Citrus Chicken
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.