“This dish is so attractive and healthy. I tried a similar recipe, but the addition of citrus and honey makes it so much better.” Mary Wilhelm - Sparta, Wisconsin
- 1 cup uncooked instant brown rice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium sweet orange pepper, sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Dash pepper
- Minced fresh basil, optional
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute peppers until tender. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, orange juice, water and lime juice until smooth; stir in the honey, salt, paprika and pepper. Stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Return chicken to the pan; heat through. Serve with rice. Sprinkle with basil if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Citrus Chicken with Peppers in Healthy Cooking October/November 2008, p61
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Citrus Chicken with Peppers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review