- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 3 large carrots, julienned
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1/3 cup reduced-sugar orange marmalade
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and orange juice until smooth; set aside. Combine the salt, ginger and pepper; sprinkle over chicken. Set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry carrots and onion in 1 teaspoon oil until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, stir-fry chicken in remaining oil until no longer pink. Stir in the marmalade, brown sugar and lemon juice until marmalade is dissolved.
- Return carrot mixture to the pan. Stir orange juice mixture; add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forCitrus Chicken Stir-Fry
"This was delicious! Will definitely be making again!"
"This is sorta quick and tasty. My family dislikes onions, so I omitted them. I used Splenda sweetened marmalade, which mutes the tanginess of the orange rind, so you may want to use Smucker's Simply Fruit marmalade for better flavor. My hubby added Japanese chili Peppers to his serving. He had seconds, so it's a dish I'll make repeatedly."