Citrus Chicken Kabobs Recipe
- 1 pound fresh broccoli, broken into florets
- 2 large navel oranges
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 plum tomatoes, quartered
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1. Place 1 in. of water in a large saucepan; add broccoli. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- 2. Cut each orange into eight wedges. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread chicken, vegetables and oranges. In a small bowl, combine the glaze ingredients.
- 3. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill kabobs, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 10-14 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning and basting frequently with glaze. Yield: 4 servings.
One kabobs equals 278 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 568 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 3 vegetable, 1-1/2 fruit.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.