Citrus Chicken Kabobs Recipe
"I've been experimenting with lighter evening meals so we don't eat heavy right before bedtime," shares Suzi Sisson of San Diego, California. "My family loves how fresh and light these appealing glazed kabobs taste."
- 1 pound fresh broccoli, broken into florets
- 2 large navel oranges
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 plum tomatoes, quartered
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Place 1 in. of water in a large saucepan; add broccoli. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- Cut each orange into eight wedges. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread chicken, vegetables and oranges. In a small bowl, combine the glaze ingredients.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill kabobs, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 10-14 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning and basting frequently with glaze. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Citrus Chicken Kabobs in Light & Tasty April/May 2003, p46
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Citrus Chicken Kabobs(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- BBQ Chicken Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Kabob Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Chicken Recipes >
- Grilled Kabobs >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >