- 1 pound fresh broccoli, broken into florets
- 2 large navel oranges
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 plum tomatoes, quartered
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Place 1 in. of water in a large saucepan; add broccoli. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- Cut each orange into eight wedges. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread chicken, vegetables and oranges. In a small bowl, combine the glaze ingredients.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill kabobs, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 10-14 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning and basting frequently with glaze. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Citrus Chicken Kabobs in Light & Tasty April/May 2003, p46
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Citrus Chicken Kabobs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- BBQ Chicken Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Kabob Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Chicken Recipes >
- Grilled Kabobs >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >