Citrus Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 each medium green, sweet red and yellow peppers, julienned
- 1 large red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Divide marinade equally between two large resealable plastic bags; add the chicken to one bag. Add peppers and onion to remaining bag. Seal bags and turn to coat; refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- 2. Drain chicken and vegetables; discard marinade. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir chicken over medium heat for 3 minutes. Add vegetables; cook 3-5 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 3. Spoon filling onto tortillas; top with lettuce, olives and cheese. Roll up. Yield: 4 servings.
1 fajita equals 360 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 426 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.