I've tried several variations of this recipe, choosing chicken for a lighter fare and just the perfect blend of spices. I've prepared it for many "themed" dinners with friends, and everyone raves about these fajitas. —Debra Kapitan, Sacramento, California
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 each medium green, sweet red and yellow peppers, julienned
- 1 large red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Divide marinade equally between two large resealable plastic bags; add the chicken to one bag. Add peppers and onion to remaining bag. Seal bags and turn to coat; refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Drain chicken and vegetables; discard marinade. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir chicken over medium heat for 3 minutes. Add vegetables; cook 3-5 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Spoon filling onto tortillas; top with lettuce, olives and cheese. Roll up. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Citrus Chicken Fajitas in Healthy Cooking August/September 2008, p19
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Citrus Chicken Fajitas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review