Citrus Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 each medium green, sweet red and yellow peppers, julienned
- 1 large red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Divide marinade equally between two large resealable plastic bags; add the chicken to one bag. Add peppers and onion to remaining bag. Seal bags and turn to coat; refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Drain chicken and vegetables; discard marinade. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir chicken over medium heat for 3 minutes. Add vegetables; cook 3-5 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Spoon filling onto tortillas; top with lettuce, olives and cheese. Roll up. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Citrus Chicken Fajitas
Sort By :
I love this recipe! When I make it, I mix everything together (omitting lettuce and olives) and bake in the oven for about 30 min. I also add an Italian seasoning. Everyone loves it!
I do something similar with fish...but we prefer corn tortillas...and use broccoli slaw mixed with the lettuce for additional nutrition...omit the sugar...it's not needed!
I used nonfat cheese, non fat cooking spray, I used half the lime juice, we wrapped ours in lettuce. halfed the lemon juice and sugar. A bit healthier and still delicious.
There are times when we should have 'six stars.' This would be one. Only additional thought would be do the roll ups and a 'quick fry' to toast the 'shell.'