Citrus Chicken and Rice Recipe
- 2 medium oranges, cut into wedges
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- Place oranges and green pepper in a 5-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Top with chicken. Combine the next seven ingredients; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken juices run clear. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Citrus Chicken and Rice(8)
Sort By :
Have not made this chicken in such a long, long time so it's time to again. Seem to recall peeling orange beforehand.
I read the reviews, I made it anyway... edible but not good. The chicken dried out, the orange rind was bitter. It's a waste of time and ingredients. I thought with Taste of Home's backing it couldn't be bad... IT WAS! I am disappointed in TOH!
We loved it. I peeled the oranges before cooking, and left everything else the exact way stated and it turned out great!
Citrus chicken turns out beautifully and tastes delicious. The only thing I do that is not in the recipe is I peel the oranges as I do not like the taste if the orange peel is in with the chicken while it cooks. It's a keeper and definitely going in my recipe box.
This recipe was awful. I thought it was going to be delicious, and it smelled really good, but when I opened up my crockpot it looked awful. Unfortunately it tasted just as bad as it looked. The sauce itself was pretty decent but everything else cooked poorly. If I ever made this again, I'd cook the sauce down in a pan, and saute the chicken on its own.
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Chicken and Rice >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >