Bold-flavored ingredients are tempered by the taste of oranges, creating a mouthwatering dish that's guaranteed to impress.—Barbara Easton, N-Vancouver, British Columbia
- 2 medium oranges, cut into wedges
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- Place oranges and green pepper in a 5-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Top with chicken. Combine the next seven ingredients; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken juices run clear. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Citrus Chicken in Simple & Delicious May/June 2009, p17
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Citrus Chicken and Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review