Bold-flavored ingredients are tempered by the taste of oranges, creating a mouthwatering dish that's guaranteed to impress.Barbara Easton, N-Vancouver, British Columbia
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 2 medium oranges, cut into wedges
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- Place oranges and green pepper in a 5-qt. slow cooker coated with
- cooking spray. Top with chicken. Combine the next seven ingredients;
- pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until
- chicken juices run clear. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (calculated without rice) equals 342 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 110 mg cholesterol, 1,016 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 38 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.