Citrus Cheesecake Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 5 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups (about 12 ounces) sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Combine flour and lemon peel; gradually add to creamed mixture. Mix until dough forms a ball and pulls away from the sides of the bowl. Divide dough in half; cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- 2. Remove sides of a 9-in. springform pan. Grease bottom. Between waxed paper, roll half the dough to fit bottom of pan. Peel off top paper; invert dough onto bottom of pan. Remove paper; trim dough to fit pan.
- 3. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until light browned. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 4. Attach sides of the pan and grease sides. Pat remaining dough 1-1/2 in. up sides of pan, pressing dough to bottom crust to seal.
- 5. For filling, in another large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, flour, peels and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs and yolks; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in cream just until combined. Pour into crust. Return pan to baking sheet.
- 6. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 325°; bake 55-65 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- 7. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Combine topping ingredients; spread over cheesecake. Refrigerate overnight. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 442 calories, 25 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 196 mg cholesterol, 165 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.