- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 5 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups (about 12 ounces) sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Combine flour and lemon peel; gradually add to creamed mixture. Mix until dough forms a ball and pulls away from the sides of the bowl. Divide dough in half; cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Remove sides of a 9-in. springform pan. Grease bottom. Between waxed paper, roll half the dough to fit bottom of pan. Peel off top paper; invert dough onto bottom of pan. Remove paper; trim dough to fit pan.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until light browned. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Attach sides of the pan and grease sides. Pat remaining dough 1-1/2 in. up sides of pan, pressing dough to bottom crust to seal.
- For filling, in another large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, flour, peels and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs and yolks; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in cream just until combined. Pour into crust. Return pan to baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 325°; bake 55-65 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Combine topping ingredients; spread over cheesecake. Refrigerate overnight. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Citrus Cheesecake
Sort By :
"Except for the topping, this is the famous "Lindy's of New York" cheesecake recipe that I have been making for decades. Best New York style cheesecake recipe I have ever found!"
"Excellent, light, and refreshing! Huge hit with all ages. Easy to make."
"love anything with lemon. wouold add a bit more lemon peel to it. well worth the time to make."
"I haven't tried this yet - trying it this weekend. I do have some modifications for those that are either diabetic, gluten-free or just wanting to lose weight. I have made other changes because I don't have lemon peel right now. If you don't have oat fiber, you could use all almond meal or some coconut flour. The on-plan sugar is THM words and you can use either xylitol, swerve or something like that. Ingredients: 1/2 cup butter, softened, 1/3 cup on-plan sugar 1 egg yolk 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 cups almond flour 1/4 c. oat fiber 2 teaspoon lemon juice FILLING: 5 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened 1-3/4 cups on-plan sugar 3 tablespoons oat fiber flour 3 teaspoons lemon juice 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract 5 eggs, lightly beaten 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream TOPPING: 1-1/2 cups (about 12 ounces) sour cream 3 tablespoons on-plan sugar 1 teaspoon vanilla extract"
"This was a fantastic cheesecake. I made it for a family dinner and everyone absolutely loved it and I have had friends request that I make it. There is really no need to change a thing but I did add a bit more of the orange and lemon zest than called for to brighten the flavor even more. This is one recipe worth keeping."