Citrus Carrots and Sprouts
I love serving brussels sprouts this way. The carrots and orange peel sweeten them up just right, while the hot pepper sauce adds a bit of zip.
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound fresh brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 to drops hot pepper sauce
- Place brussels sprouts and carrots in a large saucepan with a small
- amount of water; cover and cook until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients. Drain vegetables; add
- butter mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 95 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 264 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.