Citrus Carrots and Sprouts Recipe
I love serving brussels sprouts this way. The carrots and orange peel sweeten them up just right, while the hot pepper sauce adds a bit of zip.
- 1 pound fresh brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 to drops hot pepper sauce
- 1. Place brussels sprouts and carrots in a large saucepan with a small amount of water; cover and cook until tender, about 20 minutes. Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients. Drain vegetables; add butter mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1/2 cup: 95 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 264mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Citrus Carrots and Sprouts
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC