Citrus Carrot Sticks Recipe
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pound carrots
- 6 cups water
- 1. Combine orange juice, butter and cumin; set aside. Cut carrots into 3-in. chunks, then into matchstick strips.
- 2. In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add carrots; cook for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain; place in a serving bowl. Drizzle with orange juice mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (prepared with margarine) equals 44 calories, 1 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 35 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 vegetable.