Citrus Carrot Sticks Recipe
In Geneva, Illinois, Amy Volk serves these julienned carrots that pick up a pleasant tang from orange juice and cumin. "This tasty treatment for carrots is kid-tested and approved," she says.
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pound carrots
- 6 cups water
- 1. Combine orange juice, butter and cumin; set aside. Cut carrots into 3-in. chunks, then into matchstick strips.
- 2. In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add carrots; cook for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain; place in a serving bowl. Drizzle with orange juice mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
1/2 cup: 44 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 35mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 vegetable.
Reviews for Citrus Carrot Sticks
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC