In Geneva, Illinois, Amy Volk serves these julienned carrots that pick up a pleasant tang from orange juice and cumin. "This tasty treatment for carrots is kid-tested and approved," she says.
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pound carrots
- 6 cups water
- Combine orange juice, butter and cumin; set aside. Cut carrots into 3-in. chunks, then into matchstick strips.
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add carrots; cook for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain; place in a serving bowl. Drizzle with orange juice mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Citrus Carrot Sticks in Quick Cooking January/February 1999, p57
Reviews for Citrus Carrot Sticks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review