Citrus Cabbage Slaw Recipe
- 5 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup cauliflowerets
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1. In a large bowl, toss cabbage, oranges, cauliflower, pineapple and green pepper. In another bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Stir into cabbage mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Toss just before serving; serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (1/2 cup) equals 195 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 314 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fruit, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Citrus Cabbage Slaw
"THIS IS THE BEST SLAW RECIPE THAT I HAVE EVER TASTED; SO REFRESHING. I ALWAYS HAVE TO BRING TO ALL MY GET TOGETHERS"