A hint of mustard in the vinaigrette-style dressing sparks the flavor in this change-of-pace coleslaw. Fruit and cauliflower are unexpected surprises in the cabbage mixture, but the flavors blend beautifully.
- 5 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup cauliflowerets
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- In a large bowl, toss cabbage, oranges, cauliflower, pineapple and green pepper. In another bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Stir into cabbage mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Toss just before serving; serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Citrus Cabbage Slaw in Taste of Home August/September 2001, p31
Reviews for Citrus Cabbage Slaw
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review