A hint of mustard in the vinaigrette-style dressing sparks the flavor in this change-of-pace coleslaw. Fruit and cauliflower are unexpected surprises in the cabbage mixture, but the flavors blend beautifully.
- 5 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup cauliflowerets
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- In a large bowl, toss cabbage, oranges, cauliflower, pineapple and green pepper. In another bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Stir into cabbage mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Toss just before serving; serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Citrus Cabbage Slaw in Taste of Home August/September 2001, p31
Reviews for Citrus Cabbage Slaw
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 3, 2009
"THIS IS THE BEST SLAW RECIPE THAT I HAVE EVER TASTED; SO REFRESHING. I ALWAYS HAVE TO BRING TO ALL MY GET TOGETHERS"