- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or cilantro
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- In a bowl, whisk together the first eight ingredients. Add beans;
- toss to coat. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour. Combine tomatoes,
- red pepper, celery and onions in another bowl; cover and chill.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet over high heat, saute rice in oil until
- golden brown, about 3 minutes. Add broth, juice, salt and pepper;
- bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or
- until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Place in large bowl;
- add parsley and orange peel.
- Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes. When read to serve, combine
- beans, vegetables and rice. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 217 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 330 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.