Citrus Berry Sherbet
“When you serve this delicious, fruity sherbet, no one will guess it is light. It certainly doesn’t taste like any ‘diet’ food I’ve ever eaten!” writes Wilma Jones from Mobile, Alabama.
6 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + freezing
- 3 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups cold orange juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh or frozen strawberries
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over orange juice; let stand
- for 1 minute. Stir in the sugar, lemon juice and peel. Cook over low
- heat, stirring until gelatin and sugar are completely dissolved.
- Remove from the heat; cool for 10 minutes.
- Place the strawberries and applesauce in a blender. Add gelatin
- mixture; cover and process until smooth. Pour into a shallow freezer
- container. Cover and freeze for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until partially
- Transfer to a large bowl; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Return
- to the freezer container; freeze 2-3 hours longer or until firm.
- Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 1 quart.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 130 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber,