“When you serve this delicious, fruity sherbet, no one will guess it is light. It certainly doesn’t taste like any ‘diet’ food I’ve ever eaten!” writes Wilma Jones from Mobile, Alabama.
- 3 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups cold orange juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh or frozen strawberries
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over orange juice; let stand for 1 minute. Stir in the sugar, lemon juice and peel. Cook over low heat, stirring until gelatin and sugar are completely dissolved. Remove from the heat; cool for 10 minutes.
- Place the strawberries and applesauce in a blender. Add gelatin mixture; cover and process until smooth. Pour into a shallow freezer container. Cover and freeze for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until partially set.
- Transfer to a large bowl; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Return to the freezer container; freeze 2-3 hours longer or until firm. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 1 quart.
Originally published as Citrus Berry Sherbet in Light & Tasty June/July 2007, p33
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Citrus Berry Sherbet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review