- 3 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups cold orange juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh or frozen strawberries
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over orange juice; let stand for 1 minute. Stir in the sugar, lemon juice and peel. Cook over low heat, stirring until gelatin and sugar are completely dissolved. Remove from the heat; cool for 10 minutes.
- Place the strawberries and applesauce in a blender. Add gelatin mixture; cover and process until smooth. Pour into a shallow freezer container. Cover and freeze for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until partially set.
- Transfer to a large bowl; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Return to the freezer container; freeze 2-3 hours longer or until firm. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 1 quart.
Originally published as Citrus Berry Sherbet in Light & Tasty June/July 2007, p33
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Citrus Berry Sherbet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 25, 2013
Very gummy, Sherbet really shouldn't be chewy.
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >
- Healthy Desserts >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Ice Cream Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >