Citrus-Banana Ice Cream Recipe
- 3 cups milk
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1-1/3 cups orange juice
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1. In a large saucepan, heat milk to 175°; stir in sugar until dissolved. Cool quickly by placing pan in a bowl of ice water; stir for 2 minutes.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the bananas, orange juice and lemon juice; stir in cream and milk mixture.
- 3. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to the manufacturer's directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. When ice cream is frozen, transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: about 3 quarts.
1/2 cup: 239 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 24mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 0g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Citrus-Banana Ice Cream
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.