Citrus Avocado Salad Recipe
- 12 cups torn salad greens
- 2 medium grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and cut into chunks
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon grated onion
- 1. Gently toss the first five ingredients. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 12 servings.
3/4 cup: 175 calories, 13g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 136mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.