Citrus Avocado Salad Recipe
This recipe nicely showcases grapefruit and oranges, which are at their peak around the holidays. Citrus fruits pair well with a sweet dressing.
- 12 cups torn salad greens
- 2 medium grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon grated onion
- 1. In a large salad bowl, gently toss the greens, grapefruit, oranges, avocados and red onion. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 12 servings.
3/4 cup equals 186 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 116 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC