Citrus Asparagus Salad Recipe
Looking for a super-easy way to dress up fresh asparagus? This 6-ingredient salad goes together in no time and gives this delightful veggie a zippy citrus tang. —Marlene Mohr Cincinnati, Ohio
- 2 cups water
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1. In a large skillet, bring water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and cook for 2-3 minutes. Drain and immediately; place asparagus in ice water. Drain; pat dry and put in a bowl.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the orange juice, oil, orange peel and lemon-pepper. Pour over asparagus; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
2/3 cup equals 46 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 35 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC