Citrus Asparagus Salad Recipe
- 2 cups water
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1. In a large skillet, bring water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and cook for 2-3 minutes. Drain and immediately; place asparagus in ice water. Drain; pat dry and put in a bowl.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the orange juice, oil, orange peel and lemon-pepper. Pour over asparagus; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
1/2 cup: 46 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 35mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 vegetable, 1 fat
Reviews for Citrus Asparagus Salad
"I didn't really care for this dish. I like asparagus and I like orange but I guess I don't like them together."