Looking for a super-easy way to dress up fresh asparagus? This 6-ingredient salad goes together in no time and gives this delightful veggie a zippy citrus tang. —Marlene Mohr Cincinnati, Ohio
- 2 cups water
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- In a large skillet, bring water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and cook for 2-3 minutes. Drain and immediately; place asparagus in ice water. Drain; pat dry and put in a bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk the orange juice, oil, orange peel and lemon-pepper. Pour over asparagus; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Citrus Asparagus Salad in Taste of Home June/July 2008, p60
Reviews for Citrus Asparagus Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 10, 2015
"I didn't really care for this dish. I like asparagus and I like orange but I guess I don't like them together."