Citrus-Apple Tossed Salad
"This crisp fruit salad bursts with flavor," says Dorothy Swanson, St. Louis, Missouri. A light dressing lets the fresh taste of the ingredients shine through.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 cups torn salad greens
- 3 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 2 medium red apples, thinly sliced
- 1 medium pink grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- HONEY LEMON DRESSING:
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cubed cream cheese, optional
- Seasoned salad croutons, optional
- In a salad bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a jar with a
- tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, lemon juice, chives, honey,
- paprika and salt; shake well. Pour over salad; toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with cream cheese and croutons if desired. Yield: 12
Nutritional Facts: One 1-cup serving (prepared with 1/3 cup oil; calculated without cream cheese and croutons) equals 105 calories, 6 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 62 mg sodium,