Citrus-Apple Tossed Salad Recipe
"This crisp fruit salad bursts with flavor," says Dorothy Swanson, St. Louis, Missouri. A light dressing lets the fresh taste of the ingredients shine through.
- 8 cups torn salad greens
- 3 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 2 medium red apples, thinly sliced
- 1 medium pink grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- HONEY LEMON DRESSING:
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cubed cream cheese, optional
- Seasoned salad croutons, optional
- In a salad bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, lemon juice, chives, honey, paprika and salt; shake well. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cream cheese and croutons if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Citrus-Apple Tossed Salad in Quick Cooking September/October 2001, p19
Reviews for Citrus-Apple Tossed Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review