Citrus Apple Pie Recipe
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 5 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 cups shredded peeled tart apples (about 4 large)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim pastry even with edge of plate. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour, and orange and lemon peel. Stir in juices. Add apples and toss to coat. Stir in eggs. Pour into crust.
- 2. Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Seal and flute edges. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes. Remove foil; reduce heat to 350°. Bake 30-35 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 446 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 216mg sodium, 74g carbohydrate (46g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Citrus Apple Pie
"I forgot to say (in the review I just wrote) to replace the flour with the 3 tablespoons of Minute Tapiocia"
"This was a delicious pie. An elderly lady in our church, told me to keep from having a soupy fruit pie, add 3 tablespoons of Minute Tapiocia, it will never fail. I'vefound this to be very true."
"Needs to stay refrigerated.... If it stays out it gets kinda soupy.. Still delicious though."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.