From Amite, Louisiana, Audrey Lanier sends this smaller-sized crisp that is sure to disappear as quickly at your home as it does at hers. "We like it served warm with a little cream or a scoop of ice cream," she explains.
Recommended: 47 Cranberry Desserts Worth Puckering Up For
- 4 cups chopped peeled tart apples (about 3 large)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup granola cereal with nuts
- In a bowl toss the apples and lemon juice. Add the raisins, marmalade, flour and cinnamon; stir to combine. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with granola. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until filling is bubbly. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings,.
Originally published as Citrus Apple Crisp in Quick Cooking January/February 2005, p22
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Citrus Apple Crisp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review