Citrus Apple Cider Recipe
I really enjoy this hot cider because it has a citrus tang unlike other recipes I've tried. Not only do I like the flavor combination, but I love the aroma it adds to my home. —Darlene Brenden of Salem, Oregon
- 1 quart unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1.4 teaspoons whole cloves
- Additional cinnamon sticks, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Strain, discarding cinnamon sticks and cloves. Serve warm; garnish with additional cinnamon sticks if desired. Yield: 5 cups.
One serving (1 cup) equals 157 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC