Citrus Almond Cookies Recipe
- 4 cups unblanched almonds, toasted
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each), chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 4 teaspoons water
- 1. Place almonds in a food processor; cover and process until chopped. In a large bowl, combine the almonds, sugar, chocolate and cinnamon; set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, orange peel, orange juice, lemon peel and extracts until combined. Gradually add to almond mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- 3. Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 12-15 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 4. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, extracts and enough water to achieve spreading consistency. Spread over cooled cookies. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 6 dozen.
1 each: 83 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 7mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Citrus Almond Cookies
"I'd like to make this recipe again. However, I think the recipe is omitting an amount of flour. I made them and they were not at all like the picture. I couldn't roll them because there was nothing to hold them together. Please help!!!"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.