Circus Peanut Gelatin Recipe
- 44 circus peanut candies, divided
- 1 cup boiling water, divided
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) orange gelatin
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1. Cut 32 candies into small pieces; place in a microwave-safe bowl. Add 1/4 cup of boiling water. Cover and microwave on high for 45 seconds; stir. Microwave 45 seconds longer. Stir until smooth. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in remaining boiling water. Stir in candy mixture and pineapple. Refrigerate until partially set.
- 2. Fold in whipped topping. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate until firm. Cut into squares; top each square with a circus peanut. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 189 calories, 3 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 16 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Circus Peanut Gelatin
"Instead of crushed pineapple I added a 16 oz. can of mandarin oranges."
"I love the flavor of circus peanuts and this jello really highlighted them. It was really good and creamy with a mild circus peanut taste. I do think I would have liked it even more though without the pineapple. I didn't like the chunky pieces in the jello. It would have liked it to have been smooth all the way through. I will definitely make it again!"