- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup dry white wine, optional
- 3/4 pound peeled and deveined cooked shrimp (31-40 per pound)
- 2 cups lump crabmeat (about 10 ounces), drained
- 16 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 jars (7-1/2 ounces each) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained and quartered
- 6 hard-cooked large eggs, quartered lengthwise
- Minced fresh parsley and lemon wedges, optional
- In a bowl, mix dressing, basil and, if desired, wine. Add shrimp and crab; toss gently to combine. Refrigerate, covered, 2 hours.
- Place greens in a serving dish; top with tomatoes, artichoke hearts, onion, olives and eggs. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour or until cold.
- To serve, add seafood mixture (with marinade) to salad; toss gently to combine. If desired, sprinkle with parsley and serve with lemon wedges. Yield: 10 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Cioppino-Mixed Green Salad
"I omitted the wine. Really good!"
"This was deliciouse, l made it for the senior's tea at church.. I cut strips of chicken breast instead of the seafood. The wine really mellowed the dressing. Janet. FE"