Cinnamon Zucchini Bread Recipe
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/4 cups shredded peeled zucchini
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the sugar, applesauce, oil, egg whites and vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and baking soda; gradually beat into sugar mixture. Fold in zucchini and raisins.
- 2. Transfer to an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
1 slice: 174 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 170mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Cinnamon Zucchini Bread
"I use 2 whole eggs instead of just the egg whites, and mine turns out great, not dry at all."
"I made this bread and it was good, but a little dry."