Cinnamon Zucchini Bread Recipe
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/4 cups shredded peeled zucchini
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the sugar, applesauce, oil, egg whites and vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and baking soda; gradually beat into sugar mixture. Fold in zucchini and raisins.
- 2. Transfer to an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
1 slice: 174 calories, 5g fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 170mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 starch, 1 fat
Reviews for Cinnamon Zucchini Bread
"I use 2 whole eggs instead of just the egg whites, and mine turns out great, not dry at all."
"While this bread initially seemed a little dry, I agree with abbie that over time it became more moist. I added 1/2 cup quick cooking oats and it was fabulous!"
"This bread is the best zucchini bread I have ever made! I used my homemade, very low sugar applesauce and reduced the amount of sugar it called for by even more, and it turned out wonderfully! It gets moister as it gets older too."
"I made this bread and it was good, but a little dry."