Cinnamon Yogurt Twists Recipe
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3-3/4 to 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the yeast, salt and 2-1/2 cups flour. In a small saucepan, heat the butter, yogurt and water to 120°-130°; add to dry ingredients. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- 2. Add the eggs, vanilla and 1/2 cup flour; beat 2 minutes longer. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a stiff dough. Do not knead. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- 3. Combine sugar and cinnamon; set aside. Punch dough down. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 12x9 in. rectangle. Sprinkle 3 tablespoons cinnamon-sugar over dough; fold into thirds. Give dough a quarter turn and repeat rolling, sugaring and folding three more times.
- 4. Roll into a 12x6-in rectangle. Cut into twenty-four 1/2-in.-wide strips; twist. Place on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes. Bake at 350° for 14-18 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 twist: 176 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 163mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Cinnamon Yogurt Twists
"Nice, light sweet bread. I used about half margarine instead of butter, and vanilla yogurt instead of plain. I needed more flour than called for, probably because of not using all butter. We drizzled with a confectioner's sugar glaze. With the night time prep, it was pretty easy to have it ready for a weekend breakfast."