Cinnamon Yogurt Twists Recipe
I remember the aroma of warm cinnamon twists coming from my mother's kitchen. Now my family enjoys my mom's recipe. Of course, I've experimented with it and use yogurt instead of sour cream.Kristin Hammill, New York, New York
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3-3/4 to 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the yeast, salt and 2-1/2 cups flour. In a small saucepan, heat the butter, yogurt and water to 120°-130°; add to dry ingredients. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs, vanilla and 1/2 cup flour; beat 2 minutes longer. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a stiff dough. Do not knead. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon; set aside. Punch dough down. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 12-in. x 9 in. rectangle. Sprinkle 3 tablespoons cinnamon-sugar over dough; fold into thirds. Give dough a quarter turn and repeat rolling, sugaring and folding three more times.
- Roll into a 12-in. x 6-in rectangle. Cut into twenty four 1/2-in.-wide strips; twist. Place on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes. Bake at 350° for 14-18 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Cinnamon Yogurt Twists in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p53
Reviews for Cinnamon Yogurt Twists(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review