Cinnamon Walnut Scones Recipe
I often serve an English tea for a group of ladies and I always include these scones. They have such a wonderful flavor.—Candace Stephenson, Port Orchard, Washington
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + standing Bake: 15 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients; cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 2. Combine eggs and cream; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Turn onto a floured surface; gently pat into a 7-in. circle, 3/4-in. thick. Cut into eight wedges.
- 3. Separate wedges; place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Brush tops with buttermilk. Let stand for 15 minutes. Bake at 450° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 239 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 346 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC