Seasoned with cinnamon, this spicy brittle is a great gift or family snack to munch while watching Christmas movies. Best of all, it goes together quick as a wink in the microwave.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Butter a baking sheet; set aside. In a 2-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine sugar and corn syrup. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3 minutes; stir. Cook, uncovered, on high 2-1/2 minutes longer. Stir in the walnuts, butter and cinnamon.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 minutes longer or until mixture turns a light amber color (mixture will be very hot).
- Quickly stir in baking soda and vanilla until light and foamy. Immediately pour onto prepared pan; spread with a metal spatula. Cool; break into pieces. Yield: 3/4 pound.
Originally published as Cinnamon Walnut Brittle in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2004, p25
Reviews for Cinnamon Walnut Brittle
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review